1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Bought myself a guitar and started to teach myself how to play
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Don't make any resolutions but I did set some goals which I acheived. I'll probably do it again next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep, my half-brother
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April Fool's day... the day my nephew was born
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going back to school and doing well at it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting my spending problem under control
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes... I had the same throat virus FOUR times!!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Myself, for getting my own life back on track and ladydogstar who took the leap to get her life back on track and move on.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mostly to material 'comfort' items: guitar, gamecube, minidisc player...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting accepted back to school and my guitar
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Probably Puff the Magic Dragon (It's my practice song for the guitar) but possibly Breathe by Greenwheel or the love songs from Moulin Rouge
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Magic. Spirituality. Art/Writing
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being depressed and lonely
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my mother's side of the family
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
23. How many one-night stands?
None (not by choice!!!)
24. What was your favorite TV program?
TV?? Is that the thing I use to watch movies and play games on? It plays programs too??
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. Was disapointed a few times though.
26. What was the best book you read?
Well I was thinking LOTR until I realized thanks to a friendly post that I read that a coule of years ago! Sooo.... American Gods, but I haven't finished it yet so no spoilers!!!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Either Linkin Park or Greenwheel
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
One of those super expensive Kitchen Aid mixers
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Probably ROTK...but Pirate of the Carribean was really good too
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I finally turned a quarter of a century old and hung out with some friends.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More ambition to do things
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Same old jeans and t-shirt
34. What kept you sane?
According to my roomie I'm actually insane.... I think he's right
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Orlando Bloom...but only with the pointy ears and long hair... and Viggo as Aragorn.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
LEGALIZATION OF GAY MARRIAGES!! YAY ONTARIO!!!
37. Who did you miss?
My friend Jay from NJ.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Sadly I was too introverted to meet many new people this year at least well enough to get to know them...maybe next year!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003
Focus on today and just relax and look for the positive.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
'Till the landslide brought me down
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life
-Fleetwood Mac, Landslide