2. I'll respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. You should update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You should include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you will ask them five questions
Questions from chronicpaint
1. If you could make your living doing anything other than the drivel we're doing now, what would it be?
- Probably writing, painting or singing... maybe even a combination of all three. Writing is one thing that I really enjoy doing and don't do nearly enough of. Failing all of these things, I think I might like to live in a Buddhist monastery.
2. What drives you to make art? Can you put your finger on where the impulse comes from?
- Can I say that it's genetic? My mom is an artist, my dad has the musical genes. Apart from that, it's just something that kind of happens...it's a way of capturing a feeling or expressing one. It's almost meditative in a way. When I paint, everything else ceases to exist but the painting. I'd almost say that creative pursuits are the closest I think I've ever come to an ecstatic, mystical experience.
3. What's one place in the world you've never seen that you wish you could?
- I think it would be a toss up between Tikal in Guatemala and doing a pilgrimmage to various East Asian Buddhist sites, starting in India. At this point, assuming I were independently wealthy and such, I think I would lean more towards the pilgrimmage.
4. What was it that made you fall in love with J?
- When J and I first starting dating I was afraid to fall in love again. Nunavut had really been rough but with the urging of someone very special, I opened up to it. The things I remember most were his personality and good looks but the fact that he stayed up with me all night with my crazy pagan friends (you know most of them) for a Yule celebration really sealed the deal.
5. What mark do you want to leave on the world? What do you want people to say about you when you're gone?
- I wish I could be remembered as a great charismatic figure or spiritual teacher like Ghandi or Mother Teresa (a bit lofty perhaps but I wish I could do it). Someone full of compassion and wisdom but also passionate. I also hope that people will remember me for my writing (years and years of journals), my many crazy adventures (i.e. Nunavut!) and my kooky personality.