I didn't get the essay finished last night like I'd hoped. I got to a point where I just couldn't take it anymore and went out for a twenty minute walk to see if I just needed a break. I was able to get a little bit more done before realizing that I couldn't formulate my ideas anymore and called it quits. Thankfully, I was only a page and a half away from actually completing it and had every intention of sleeping in this morning and finishing it off after I got up. Of course, my plan was thwarted by an overactive mind that decided I should wake up at 7:30 am and refused to go back to sleep. So, I booted up the laptop and got to work on it. I finished it off shortly after ten o'clock and printed it off. It seems that my printer is not a fan of Freud either as it refused to print the essay, claiming that it was out of paper when it clearly wasn't! I eventually got it to print it all out and will probably read it over a couple more times before I have to hand it in Monday.
I'm not 100% happy with the end result of the essay but given the fact that I changed my ideas around about eight times that's not surprising. I ended up writing it from a completely different angle than I'd originally planned. I was originally going to argue against Freud but decided to argue for him in the end... or at least for his idea that science could replace religion. Whether or not I actually believe a word of what I wrote is another thing. I'm just glad that it's over and done with. Now I get to catch up and study my Buddhism stuff so I can actually pass the exam I have coming up in a couple of weeks.
I also decided to call the car rental place that I booked a car from for Xmas weekend to make sure that they're actually going to be open on December 24th. Sure enough they are but the guy told me that they aren't actually giving cars out that day because the soonest you can get a car for Xmas weekend is December 22nd and it's a minimum of 5 days rental. Well, that's sure not what my online reservation says and he pretty much said that I should be fine because I've got the reservation and if they said that I get the car on that day for 3 days, they have to give it to me otherwise it's a huge customer service issue. He told me to just call a couple days ahead to confirm the reservation (probably to remind them to have a car ready on a day that they aren't supposed to be needing to get cars ready). I'm just hoping that it doesn't get screwed up and I get stuck in Toronto... but since it's super expensive to rent for Xmas weekend I have no intention of changing the reservation so that I can get a car 2 days earlier and pay for the extra time when I don't need it.
So now I have the whole day to myself! I'm going to a women's ritual tonight, but apart from that, the day is clear! Naturally, I will be spending most of that time with the boy.